Monday, November 14, 2011

Curly = Pretty?

So this is my hair...

 I dont know what type it is....some say 3c others 4a...needless to say I DON'T CARE! 

Lets just say that I hear a phrase along this line everyday....
"You have that pretty hair"OR my favorite "I would go natural if my hair was like yours"

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!?! So because my hair is curly...it makes it pretty as opposed to her hair?


This is from people of color mind you...

When are we going to just embrace who we are as a people?   What exactly makes my hair "good" and another person's bad?  If your assumption (which is the lowest form of knowledge mind you) is that my hair or curly hair in general is EASIER to maintain...you couldn't be more wrong! It takes just as much maintenance and care to take care of curly hair (if not more) than those who have a more coarse texture of hair. We have to moisturize, trim, cover and pray over our tresses just like the next chick!

There is something to appreciate about each woman's texture...
That is the one thing that I enjoy about natural hair...I can look at different people and see how their hair can do things that mine cant and appreciate that.  ITS FUN! 

I guess the moral of the story is that you should just love what you have. 
If you are caught up in texture that bad...you might as well go on and perm your hair now.....
To all my natural ladies out there that lust after curly tresses...STOP!  Your hair is gorgeous the way it is...its OK!  You dont have to convince me or anyone that your hair is really curly but "something" happened that we never see those curls.  DO YOU BABY!  

Love Your Natural TODAY!




 MY HAIR DOESN'T DO THIS!!! I'm not mad though....I just admire...and remember that my hair is hawt the way God made it....


Till Next Time
Treasuring My Texture :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More