Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Why I Hardly Ever Straighten....

So everyone wants me to straighten my hair.  I guess to see how long it really is or hairdressers that want my $ but dont have the skill set to do anything other than that....who knows.

See this picture?  That is magnified heat damaged hair.  No ma'am! I dont want my hair to look remotely like that.  Most of you call this "trained" hair....its not trained its DESTROYED!   

I went natural to indulge and appreciate my natural curls and so that I wouldn't be scared to sweat.  No matter what your hairdresser tells you or what you saw on your favorite YouTube video...your texture does not return back to its original glory!  Have you ever seen someone whose hair looks partially natural and you are so confused about whether or not she has permed ends or not?  They probably are a victim of heat damage; this is even worse for those of us who have color in their hair. 

For some women they want to loosen up their texture....so maybe this is cool for you or the ones of depend solely on straight hair...well I guess in that case it doesn't matter at all.

As for me and my tresses...we shall remain curly 99.9% of the time.

Ive seen it happen over and over...

I cant tell you what to do...but I can at least share with you why I do what I do.

Now dont get me wrong...I am not against straight hair...Its cool. I just dont want my hair to lose its pattern like Ive seen so many others...

There are some who say they can straighten without heat damage...I hope that they can.  Personally I think it only minimizes the damage/effects.  Its simple chemistry....excess heat applied to most substances can cause a chemical change...meaning covalent bonds have been broken.  Broken bonds...means new substance...which is irreversible.  

I just cant risk it.

Once or twice a year....just to check length if that is all I can do.  

Till Next Time
Staying Cool :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More