Friday, August 12, 2011

First Jogging Now Cycling....Unbelievable

I wrote a blog a few weeks back talking about my journey to become a runner....well more like jogger.  I finally started the C25K app on my phone...which is TOUGH!  Im getting the hang of it though.  Now I have a friend who purchased and started riding a bike and he is really enjoying it and reaping the benefits. At first I was like HECK NO, I aint getting on a bike! Every time I see him...he looks thinner...I WANT IN ON THIS! and then....I started wanting one too...
 SO I BROUGHT ONE!  

I got a simple cruiser....single speed comfort bike.  I am not interested in mountain biking or ripping up the trail...but I do like the feel of riding with the breeze in my face while burning fun calories.  I just got it today and took a nice ride around my complex...IT WAS WONDERFUL! 219 calories in about 15 minutes....yay!  I use the app RunKeeper to track my progress...it uses the GPS to calculate my mileage and calories burned. 

So far so good....I love my bike!

Till Next Time....
Riding Down Easy Street

1 comments:

Have fun while biking into the new you! So much fun watching you enjoy this:)

-Lilika

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More