Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Im Getting Good...

So I have been battling with conquering the braid out as well as my growth challenge.  I haven't really seen any change in my length because it hasn't been long enough to expect to see a change.

I am in fact getting good at braid outs.  As you can see I was able to get results worth busting out the camera for!  YES! Success!  

Its nice to have something different than my typical wash n go's each day.  Its also nice not to have my hair dripping wet every single day...but as the weather gets hotter I may be returning back to my wet roots (literally). 

As far as my growth challenge, Ive been applying MTG to my scalp once a week and massage it well into my scalp.  I also have been wearing protective styles more often like buns and pin ups in addition to my braid outs.  I plan to incorporate more "babying" to my ends each night before retiring to ensure that I retain them.  My ends tend to be very dry, not necessarily split or damaged just rough to the touch.  I will do a light dusting this evening with my shears (its IMPORTANT to have good shears for your ends).  I spotted some stray split ends (which is very normal)  but I need to get rid of them ASAP!  I will check my length at the end of each month.  I use the tattoo on my back as an indicator lol....I want my hair to ultimately be at the end of the tail of my hummingbird...that would be a bit past APL approaching BSL (stretched not straightened)

To achieve this style I separated my hair in about 10-12 sections lightly misted my hair with my master moisture mix (water, aloe vera juice, peppermint oil and lavender oil), sealed in with a small amount of Mango Coconut Sunshine (available at www.morningdewhair.com) and braided each section.  Once each section is braided I rolled each braid with a flexi rod (5/8 inch) and covered my hair with a satin bonnet for the night.  


Till Next Time
Growing Strong :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More