Saturday, April 28, 2012

Twist and SHOUT!!!!

Hair was deep conditioned and detangled using the Morning Mint Masque...hair was moisturized and sealed using Mango Coconut Sunshine and a personal mix of essential oils. Eco Styler Gel was used to slick down edges and hair was doubled strand twisted overnight :)
Cue the music....
I am really conquering my twist out woes...YAY!


As you can see Im getting good...


This style was inspired by my new favorite youtuber/blogger MahoganyKnots!  I am in love with her hair!!!  


We don't have the same texture but its close enough...LOL!


I'm learning that twist outs are more involved than I thought.  Its all about technique....


I've begun to flat twist my hair especially in the front to get more definition...I will post a video that shows you what I mean by flat twisting.


I've also noticed that to keep the definition of your twist out it requires little to NO manipulation once twists are taken out (at least for my hair).  If I pull the curls too much it will transition to a big poofy mess of tresses.  Once I unravel I usually leave it alone, my hair will plump up given me the big hair I desire.  It just takes a little time. 


Ive started to do more twist/braid outs when my hair is already dry as well.  I do mist my hair with my master mix because I like the way it looks better when the style is "set".  The reason for this is my hair rarely dries overnight...as a matter of fact it NEVER dries overnight.  If my hair isnt fully dry...it also leads to the frizz puff...no bueno!


I love it!


For my growth challenge, Ive also decided to not apply any more color to my hair :(
For a season...Ive grown really close to my red/blonde hair...but Im going back to black for a while....since it needs to grow out....I still have more time to be a red head. Once I reach my goal....IM COLORING AGAIN!!! Probably immediately....lol!


Im running out of MTG...Im thinking of making my own concoction, the ingredients are pretty simple...I will keep you posted on that.  Just have to find the sulfer...which is the most important part.  We'll See....


Till Next Time
Twisting and Loving It :)








Here is what I mean by flat twisting...





I cant embed the styling video but here is the link....ENJOY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=QZtfEWwlPQ4









0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More