Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Food You Enjoy...

Most difficult part of this weight loss journey for me is being consistent with the food.  Food is LIFE...literally.  I have no problem drinking water and eating veggies or fruit but that stuff takes effort, you have to cook it, buy it, clean it, etc...yeah clearly my busy lifestyle interferes with my homemaking desires.  I enjoy cooking food...Im quite good at it.  But on the run its so much easier to run through BK and get a whopper Jr and a small onion ring....which is a whopping 550 calories!  

This battle has caused me to be serious about time management and MAKING the time to cook and plan meals.  Now that I have been doing it for over a month consistently, its not that bad. Between jobs (I have several), I cook my dinner, which takes anywhere between 30-45 min.  Healthy food has a rep for being gross...and truth be told some of that health stuff is nasty.  I like eating too much to eat grossness...I REFUSE! If I am going to do it...I have to have food I enjoy.  My meals are usually filled with veggies and FULL of flavor and usually about 400 calories per meal and FILLING!

I say if you going change your diet....ENJOY IT!

Till Next Time
Eating Light and Right :)




Broccoli w/ Garlic Sauce (220 calories)

Spinach Tomato Linguine (No Meat; 631 calories)

Teriyaki Jerk Shrimp with Spinach (204 calories)

Honey Grilled Salmon (250 calories)



2 comments:

That food looks sooooooo good, especially the Teriyaki jerk shrimp! I would marry you if I could lol :-)

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More