Saturday, November 3, 2012

Packing Protein

Now that I am strength training Ive been reading and hearing that I need to have more protein...

I am done with the meatless diet for now...
Unless I hit an stubborn plateau...than Im going LIQUID!

Anywho....I decided to add whey protein to my diet...

I bought some of Jillian Micheal's Whey Protein (vanilla) from my local Wal-Mart. I add 1/2 scoop to my green smoothies.  ITS SO YUMMY & FILLING!

Whey protein contains the amino acid leucine which is very important to the fat burning process according to studies, leucine helps maintain muscle mass during weight loss...sparing it from being lost and drives your weight loss toward water and FAT...which is what we are after right? Sounds promising.

I decided to give it a try....I will only use it in the morning after my workouts for breakfast....
That way my muscle can recover from the resistance training.

Here is my green smoothie recipe:
1/2 scoop Jillian Micheal's Vanilla Whey Protein
3/4 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 cup of Great Value Frozen Fruit (Strawberry, Mango, Pineapple, Peach)
1 cup of Baby Spinach
3 oz of Low Fat Yogurt


Calories 214
Carbs 31
Fat 4
Protein 12
Fiber 15 

Till Next Time
Liking Leucine :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More