Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hair Growth: Protective Styling

So I am not sure if my hair has grown at all during my little challenge!  It does seems thicker, less hair is trapped in my combs and brushes and definitely more moisturized...I haven't measured again yet...that isn't due until July.  I am still using MTG and covering my hair and that has served its purpose...I will continue to do that!  Next phase is protective styling!  I am not one for true protective styling because I like my hair to be FREE so I can play with it!  BUT I've seen the proof....protective styling is very important for length retention! So I must try it...


Starting next week (sometime after 6/2) I will be doing protective styles ONLY for one month straight!  YES! ONE WHOLE MONTH!  I want to do kinky twists....but I am not that good.  I will see how it goes!  I am not looking up protective styles so I can try them out and get this thing GOING!  I will take down for my deep conditions....then right back up they will go! 


I will play my deep conditions by ear.....when my hair is looking broke, busted and disgusted I will refresh it with a nice conditioner!  


This method will minimize combing, finger play and brushing which will minimize BREAKAGE!


I found a great video that teaches me how to do the style above....
Why not give it a try!






Till Next Time,
Twisting and Protecting

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More