Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ahhh! No food in the house...probably not true.

Did I mention my hair is mid back length?  That has NOTHING to do with this blog entry but God knows that is a big deal!  Exercise and eating veggies does wonders for the hair...that's for sure!

The point of this entry is to talk about the phrase "I have no food in the house"  I often say it...and meant it.  Ive found that this is most likely not true...

So today is day 10 without meat...well I had fish yesterday...long story...

Well I will tell it...

I forgot my breakfast and lunch which were contained in my lunchbox on the dining room table....
So I was foodless for the entire day until I got home from work...I was lightheaded and a yogurt wasnt gonna do it.  So I seared some tilapia and I'm not ashamed about it...

Back to the point...

I thought I didnt have any food in the house and I was starving...sticking to my budget I was not going back to the grocery store...so I decided to get creative.  If you look deep in your cabinets, Im sure that you can find some ingredients that will make a glorious meal.  So that's what I did...

Found some diced tomatoes, spinach and whole wheat pasta....and got to thinking...

Here's what I came up with:


2 oz. Whole Wheat Linguine
3/4 can of diced tomatoes
1 cup of baby spinach
1/2 cup of chopped onion
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp Zesty Italian Dressing
1/8 c Half and Half
1 tbsp Olive Oil

Cook Pasta as directed on box
In a skillet, heat olive oil on medium low heat and add tomatoes until it comes to slow boil (salt and pepper to taste)
Add onion, garlic, Italian dressing and half and half
Continue to cook and increase heat to medium high
When onions are translucent, add spinach and cook  until wilted
Continue to stir until mixed well and add strained linguine
Toss with grated Parmesan cheese and ENJOY!
It was delicious ...I was well pleased.  

Loaded it into MyFitnessPal and the caloric count fit well into my daily count...

Just wanted to share...and write down the recipe so I wont forget it again :)

Till Next Time,
Filling my Tummy on the Budget :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More