Saturday, October 6, 2012

Till It's Gone...

"Now why you wanna go and do that?" I can hear myself upset about my belly even after making such progress...progress I couldn't see.  Rightfully so because I see myself everyday and gradual changes are not to be seen by the naked constant eye.  

Until you gain the weight again and realize you had it pretty good.  MY BELLY HAS REBOUNDED LIKE NEVER BEFORE!  The saying is true that you don't know what you got till its gone...I'll take my old belly back for 200 Alex! 

Its really amazing how we don't pay attention to the little changes good or bad that our body makes.  

6.6 lbs down since Monday and I can only be patient with my body changes.  The belly will have to submit sooner or later.  If I continue to lose weight it will have to follow suit...how soon that will happen and if it will be to my liking?  That is yet to be seen.  All I know is that it will be smaller than it is now.  Its like I am with child literally. If not for shame...I would take a picture and post it.  The beast must be contained...lol!

I am still using my gift list from before.  A present for every 10 pounds.  I got the two presents earlier this year (earrings and makeup) so I wont repeat those.  Now I cant have a gift until 30 lbs...which is NEW SHOES! God knows I need some! I'm so hard on shoes...even more so since the weight gain.  I added something else....LETTERS!

Someone I follow on YouTube writes letters to herself and then opens them as she reaches goals...she says her memory is bad so its a delight to see what she has written herself.  Here lies my problem...my memory is NOT bad and I can remember things from when I was three so that would not be much fun.  So I handpicked 7 women to write me letters for every ten pounds....they have agreed to write me letters and I can open them until the I reach the weight I have assigned to them.  Some are very excited about doing this so this should be interesting...

I will post a video of me reading the letters here...each time I get to open one.  I reserved the last letter for my mom...who has no idea yet...I will let her know at a later date.  Probably Christmas time when I can get it from her and bring it back to put on my faith wall.  

This is HARD...I wont front...I make no excuses...everyone has opinions and victories to tell but this is so individual that you cant really follow anyone but Holy Spirit who knows what will work for you.  

This month... I'm meatless....YES MEATLESS!  Breadless too...
I've been juicing and eating fruits and veggies...

I allowed myself snacks...but need to change my snacks to healthy things...like popcorn and I'm looking for other salty and sweet healthy alternatives...

Some people go cold turkey...hap hap hallelujah for you...but I'm not going that way.  I'm really trying to introduce things that I can maintain FOREVER. Habits that I will use for a lifetime and not just for a moment....cause when I rebound....I REBOUND HARD!

Till Next Time,
Slow and Steady Wins the Race :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More