Monday, April 25, 2011

Break It Up...

How much weight are you trying to lose?  Some of us are trying to lose LARGE amounts and that alone can be discouraging. Personally, I am trying to lose about 80 pounds....WOAH!  I know its a lot.  That makes it hard to put 1 or 2 pounds in perspective because there is so much more to go.  Experts say that one should break up their large goal into small doable pieces so that we dont get discouraged.  Its a great way for you to put things into perspective.  

What I do is I look at what I call "ranges", what I mean by that is each set of tens (the 150s, 200s, 220s, etc...).  Wherever I start, my next goal is to get to the next range down.  So for instance, I started in the 250s (I know I can hardly believe it myself) and my next goal was to get into the 240s (which I did) and now I am in the 230s.  So Ive seen three ranges!  It just makes me feel better than looking at how far I am from my goal, which is 6 ranges away!  Now that I put it out there I have no choice but to do something....cause I dont want to look back at this and say DOH!


I think its a good way for all of us to think about our goals, even in life...instead of looking at what is going to take 20 years, work on what will take 6 months.  When you accomplish that you will feel awesome and you will be one step closer to your 20 year plan.  Dont give up...this is a challenge...dont talk about your journey to everyone...they may discourage you.  Pick your battles and your meals wisely :)

Till Next Time...
Busting through the next range!

1 comments:

I need to weigh 145... Thank You and goodnight..

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More