Monday, April 18, 2011

My Love For Walking


I dont like exercise.  I will be the first to admit it.  It makes me tired, I sweat and it causes people to see how uncoordinated my movements can be :).  Despite all of that, lets face it you cannot lose significant weight without exercise unless you plan to starve yourself. Which I dont ever plan to do.

Growing up in metro NY has it benefits; good fashion sense, exposure to different cultures, knowing Spanglish, and developing the ability to walk for long periods of time.  At some time or another every city kid has walked over a mile with no thought.  In my thin days I used to walk up to 3 miles a day for leisure.  So that was the way I was able to maintain my 140-150lb frame while eating Kennedy's Fried Chicken  (a local greasy spoon) whenever I pleased among other things. 

So walking it happens to be my favorite exercise and its actually amazingly good for my health.  

It burns major calories 
Raises HDL the good cholesterol
Lowers LDL the bad cholesterol
Major stress reliever

I usually walk about 3-6 miles a day
Which allows me to burn 400-700 calories at a time

I walk about 3.5 miles/hour

Till Next Time....
Caminando a mi propia canción (Walking to my own song) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More