Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Why Am I Doing This?

So at some point in your life when you are making life changes, you have to ask yourself....WHY AM I DOING THIS?  When it comes to weight loss there are various reasons from various people. Some want to just look better, others want to for their health or to lessen the pain from backaches and such.  Regardless of the reasons, you have to look at yourself NOW and make sure you like who you are.  Sure you may want to change your size or a certain part of your body BUT you have like yourself. TODAY!  Not a false identity that many overweight people have (that usually causes them to make a fool of themselves)  but a confidence that comes from within. 

I want to lose weight.  I cant wear the things I want to with ease.  It makes me upset! Yes this is all true.  Yet when I look the the mirror I dont cry, I dont hate myself; I actually really like what I see.  I just know I can look better.  I dont settle for the fact that society just wont accept me right now because of myself size....HMPH! Puhleeeze! I deserve top notch treatment now  and I will get it! I do not just decide to look a mess 100% of the time (Im working on that 5% of the time that I do let it go) because I am not there yet.  I am there! In my mind I am everything I dream to be...that is why I can smile in the midst of stagnant weeks and bloating or a mishap with my self control.  I know no matter what the outcome....I WIN!

Besides that, I am actually a great person.  I wont limit myself to the outside.  That would not be fair.  I take evaluation of the total person.  The love I have for others, the passion I have for God and the heart to be excellent in everything I do.  That is really who I am!  I will be that whether I am 150lb or if I am 3000lb.  

I encourage you all that read this [I know you're out there because the counter keeps increasing..comment and follow...will ya!] to not limit yourself but see yourself in the future.  Dont let your outside be the determining factor to your self esteemIts not.  There is more to you.  If you dont, you most likely wont be happy when you reach your goal and if you are your self esteem is built on a shaky foundation.

Whats your foundation built on....
What someone told you?  What you think?  Sometimes either of these can be faulty...check out Psalms 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
So the creator of the world, the most wise one made me and all his works are good?  Well that settles it for me.  I dont need another opinion. 

Repeat "I LOVE ME"!  
Guess what....I love you too!

Till Next Time....
So Happy Being Me :)

3 comments:

Leslie you are such an amazing woman! I know there's even more to you than I know but I must say that I admire how real and down to earth you are and how open you are with others - sharing your stories of growth so that others can grow. I know our God is smiling every time you open your mouth and share your wisdom with others like myself...

Keep shining!

Cara-Marie

O Wow! Thank you so much. I just know that in my life's experience coming up no young woman ever poured into me about life. I longed for that so I just want to be used to fill the void for some one with something I never had :)

If I am affecting someone...it is all worth it!

You are an awesome lady!

i think when people stop trying to sugar coat what they really see then they can come to a better understanding that i love me. so many people and sometimes self included do the most mundane rituals until they become jaded. as u quoted from the bible.... we are truly fearfully and wonderfully made. its just a shame that we dont truly see how beautiful we are. if ur not happy with what u see then change it!!! but that change begins from the inside!

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More