Tuesday, April 26, 2011

FATIGUE!!!

Dont I look tired??? 


Are any of you experiencing extreme fatigue?  I'm 16 lbs down now and have switched my workouts to walking at least 3miles/day and I must say.....I HAS TAKEN ME DOWN!  I dont feel like doing anything...all I want to do is sleep!  I think I will start to take my multivitamins more frequently (I tend to forget to take them...).  I dont even want to play my Wii...I dont last 10 minutes...

I am also noticing I have a loss in appetite as well...NOT LIKE ME!  Yet it has been doing wonders for my weight loss....because my last range (refer to my last blog entry) was so difficult to get out of and I believe I have finally seen the last of that one.  So should I be excited about this new energy level?  From my research losing weight is supposed to increase your energy levels for several reasons.  So whats my issue?  Hmmm not too sure.  I will just equate it all to not enough nutrients in my system to match my exercise levels....

I'm a bit apprehensive about increasing my food intake because I dont want to hinder my losing....I want to get out this range as well....I want to be at 20lbs down by my next Slim Down Saturday report (which you can watch conveniently on the right hand side of this page under "Latest Slim Down Report ----->).  I am on the right track steadily moving toward that mark!
My plan of action is to start my vitamins tomorrow morning....I have:
  1. One a Day (Active Women's)
  2. Hair/Nail Supplement
  3. Fish Oil Supplement
  4. CLA
Stay tuned for how that goes....
Do you have any advice for me?  I would love to know how you handle this...
Till Next Time...
Pushing through because I have stuff to do! :)

5 comments:

I used to experience extreme fatigue all the time, weak muscles, excessive tiredness, dizziness ect, but mine was due to an undiagonised Celiac Disease. Took me over 15 years of going through all that crap before i finally discovered on my own that I just can't have milk, wheat, oats, or corn. Now that I have those out of my system I'm no longer a prisoner in my own body.

It might not have anything to do with what you have, but I did want to comisserate. Fatigue sucks!

Get your vitamin and mineral levels checked at your local doctor's office. Things like low potassium and iron can bring on fatigue. It's a fairly simple blood test and it'll give you a gauge of where you are at. And don't let the doctor just look at the results, get the numbers. If any are on the low end, then you'll need to pump those up.

I'm pretty sure you are over working yourself. You need add rest days.

I know you want to speed up the fat burning process but you need to take it easy. I would say atleast have 2 days rest.

Check what nutirients and vitamins you are taking and see if any of them are in two or three of the supplements. I recently found out I was overdosing on vitamin B6 and I thought something serious was wrong with me. I had fatigue, memory problems, loss of appetite, nervous system problems, nausea, and equilibrium problems.
And with some vitamins, you can only OD from supplements and not food or drink form (like B6) or from all forms so check on that too. Good luck and see a doctor if you have to.

I was having the same problem, only with excessive dizziness and severe weakness. I actually figured out that I was eating too many carbs, and not enough protein and fat. Granted they were all good carbs (whole wheat, fruit, brown rice) but my body just needed something different. As soon as I went from 200-300 carbs a day to 50-100 carbs a day and increased my fat intake, my energy has skyrocketed! Play around with your diet and try different things for a week and if you feel better/worse. If it doesn't work, then change it up again. The MFP approach is not a one-size fits all approach. Play around with it and see what you find works for you.

That is pretty much exactly what I was going to say. When I was adhering to a low-fat, high-sugar diet I had chronic fatique and insomnia. Now that I've cut out sugar and starches I have tons of energy and sleep great. If you tend to eat a lot of sugar or simple carbs, all those insulin spikes might have a hand in your fatigue.

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More