Friday, January 11, 2013

STARVATION MODE....AHHHH!


.

Starvation mode....
Have you heard of it?
Are you scared of it?
If you have ever been on a weight loss journey at all you have heard of it and the dangers to avoid it.  What it is basically is your body thinking your are stuck in the tundra somewhere because you have decreased your calorie intake for a prolonged period.  So the next time you eat something, your body holds on to it for dear life in fear that it may never eat again. LOL!

They say the magic number is 1200 calories, you should never go under that amount on a daily basis.  Here is my problem...sometimes I just don't make it to 1200.  I get to 900, 800 sometimes 500....I know its bad...but its rare too.  I am not intentionally starving....I usually eat on those days to my satisfaction but just because of being busy or not hungry that's all I had.  

Does this ever happen to you....do you struggle on days to reach the coveted 1200?
Do you just eat something to get your caloric intake up or do you just go with it?

I usually just go ahead and deal with it in hopes that I dont negatively affect my results...

Just a thought.

Till Next Time,
Staying Out of the Tundra :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More