Saturday, January 5, 2013

No Gimmicks! No Quick Fixes!

I'm not a hater or nothing but I'm not into quick fixes with everything.  People keep asking me...why don't you do HCG or why don't you just juice or why don't you do what such and such did to lose weight?  I feel you....I appreciate you.  BUT NO!  Its hard to explain your reasons for taking the long way home without significant fruit.  Just give me a minute...I'll show you better than I will tell you.

Sure it would be great to lose 1 pound a day and be done with this in 3 short months....how exciting! Now once those three months are over...what do I do now?  What have I learned? Only thing I see myself learning is how to be really really hungry.  For some this works and that's awesome-tastic, it really is but its not for everyone.  Why am I going through this so slow....

Well first of all losing 24 pounds in 3 months is NOT slow....its amazing progress! It took hard work and dedication. Lesson #1 for you is dont EVER downplay my successes by comparing me to what someone else is doing!  Get your life!

I digress...

Now...the reason I feel that its important for me to take it "slower" than all that starving with supplements has to offer is:

I have NO clue how to eat right nor cook healthy filling food
  • I have made up so many delicious recipes by doing research and taste testing, now I have an arsenal of foods I can enjoy FOR LIFE!
I have never been athletic nor physically active in my life
  • Working out is important for muscle building...so that the fat loss can be SUSTAINED...but I have to work my way up to really hard routines...and that takes TIME
I think its important to have yummy things once in a while
  • Deprivation is WACK...it just drives me insane...if I want a slice of pizza or an egg roll I should be able to plan accordingly and enjoy my life...I cant have it everyday but shoot once in a while...I WILL! [Now some stuff I had to cut completely out...sigh]
Point is..... I'm trying to learn how to LIVE like this FOREVER.  I wanna be toned and not just a jiggly bag of bones.  I've noticed a lot of people have success with these fads are people once had some sort of fitness in life...I don't have the luxury.  I've been thin but that was not in shape thin..it was smoking, walking all over NYC thin.  REAL TALK.  I've been delivered so I'm not ashamed...lol.  

This is also helping me exhibit patience...sure its only about 1-2 pounds  a week but after a couple of months that adds up to a lot...next thing I will look around and will be 60 lbs lighter.  What a day of rejoicing that will be! I am excited to get there....no matter how long it takes...the fact is I WILL GET THERE!  

I know people are watching me and I pray that I am encouraging someone to not always take the easy way out but to really change their life from the inside out....its a journey but its rewarding when you are winning. Right now, I am winning this battle...PRAISE GOD!

Till Next Time,
Taking My Time :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More