Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Green Smoothie Challenge!

Its a new season...ITS A NEW DAY! Something about the new year makes you excited about changing things up...

This is the first time in YEARS that I am starting the  year off lighter than I the previous year.  22.4 lbs down ladies and gentlemen!  I am a lover of smoothies...used to make them all the time but somehow stopped making them.  I was reading about using green smoothies as a meal replacement for two meals a day.  Green smoothies are really good...my green of choice is spinach but any green leafy veggie will do.  

Believe it or not, the spinach doesn't make the taste of the smoothie unpleasant at all.  The spinach adds a light sweet kick that I enjoy.  I am interested in trying kale as well.  I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk, yogurt (watch the sugar content) and frozen fruit (I like the mixed fruit from WalMart; mangoes, strawberries, pineapples and peaches) and of course the spinach.  Depending on my needs at the time I will had some flax seeds (ground) or whey protein. Flaxseed is a great source of omega-3's (heart health) and the protein helps replenish muscle and keeps me full longer.

I am going to see if I can replace two meals with green smoothies this month...not sure how I am going to do that at work. Smoothies taste gross after they sit even in the fridge.  I like to actually eat dinner so it would have to be breakfast and lunch.  I will look up ways to get the smoothie fresh for lunch.  

I did this with juicing as well but I like smoothies better because I like the fiber it supplies and you get more volume...

Let's see how this goes!  
Try it with me!

There is more info on the challenge here:
http://www.blackweightlosssuccess.com/january-2013-green-smoothie-challenge/

Till Next Time,
Feeling Smooth :)

1 comments:

get the bullet! that way you can make smoothies fresh to go :)

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More