Friday, July 8, 2011

Its Just Water....I Hope

So Ive been busting my CHOPS! Using my Wii Biggest Loser Challenge Game and have increased my workout time from 30 to 40 minutes a day and even lost 3 pounds on my last weigh in...things are looking UP!  But yesterday I ate....two slices of pizza, a cup of chips, a small serving of pasta, and at least 5 sugar cookies....AHHHHH! SN: Not in one sitting but throughout the day/evening. Now I know I didnt eat over 3500 calories (which would equal a pound of fat) but when I got on the scale.....I gained an extra 4 pounds!  Now I know that its water weight....I did not eat an extra 14000 calories BUT I still get angry because one day of bad decisions seems to keep me going around the same mountain over and over and over again.  Too late now for regrets....

I understand from science that when you eat carbs that they naturally bring in extra water into your system by binding to it.  Believe it or not water is HEAVY...16oz of water weighs more than a 1 pound!  So there are a few ways I can get this off...
  1. SWEAT!
  2. Breathing...yes you lose water each time you exale
  3. Drinking more water
  4. And getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night (it does matter...)

Ive gathered my thoughts and have found solace in what has happened.  I know that I need to increase my water intake and eat real light today...because tomorrow is my Slim Down Saturday vlog and I cannot fall short.  I want to see some new lower numbers....hopefully with some extra exercise tonight, light eating plus my 6 mile walk/jog tomorrow I will see the results Im looking for.  Im determined to not get off and end the process.  I will not be moved by just the scale alone....Ive see some subtle changes and I feel a whole lot better; my energy is up and my belly doesnt protrude as much (The curse of the belly bulge has been reversed...hallelujah, see my previous entry for clarification).  I think I look slimmer, not sure...my eyes are always playing tricks on me.

Still working on my endurance during workouts...
I have a lot of difficulty doing push ups of any kind...my upper body  strength is not the best yet.  It doesnt help that I completely avoid doing them.  I know its important to train your whole body but my aim is not be athletic in any way....lol.  I will do better...I promise!

Till Next Time....
Drinking Lots of Water

2 comments:

Really impressed at the level of focus you put into this, this level of honesty really helps us stay on target and is beneficial to not just you, but everyone who reads your blog - good for you!!!

saw your post on MFP : ) anyways I have been doing this past couple of weeks, and last night was a bad day for me too and this morning I was up 3 lbs : ( so good luck to you on getting back your weight plus some and your journey!

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More