Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Something New: Vi-Shape Shakes

So I am still bouncing up and down with my weight....cant seems to shake this cycle! GRRRR! Something has to give! I am definitely doing the proper amount of exercise and I dont think I can fit anymore into my schedule.  I feel I eat well but obviously not well enough.  So I have a good friend that sells these shakes, he lost a lot of weight using it himself.  However, in my mind Im thinking its because hes a male, and we all know that all men have to do is stop drinking soda and they will lose 30 lbs in 3 days.  Im exaggerating but you all know what I mean.  He kept reminding me about the benefits and I figured I'd give it a shot.  Its sold by ViSalus and it comes in a kit or with the shake by itself.  According to the packaging you can either use it for weight maintenance or you can use it for weight loss.  It almost works like the slim fast plans.  Replace 2 meals a day and eat 1 sensible meal.  With my lifestyle (always on the go), I know my nutrition is lacking.  Since this is the year that I get every area in my life in order, I think this is a good way to start.  For 30 meals its about $50.00, which isnt so bad ($1.67/meal). Also unlike Slim-Fast....these shakes taste GOOD, Im not kidding!  I mean it doesnt taste like ice cream but it doesnt leave my mouth full of chalk either.  You can purchase add-ins for flavors to add to the sweet cream flavor.  I make my shakes with vanilla almond milk and frozen fruit (preferably strawberries and mangoes).  Since it seems as if I am missing nutrients which is probably effecting my metabolism...this will help me.  According to ViSalus one shake is the equivalent of...well just read this chart:



So I will give this a shot...I promised myself that I would not weigh myself for 5 days!  That will be a task! Its only my second day, so I wont be weighing in until Saturday...I will keep you posted on my progress :)

Till Next Time....
Shaking It Up....literally!

10 comments:

I have.. just be careful because since they are only 90 calories of course you are going to lose weight. Make sure you continue eating at least 1200 cals a day...

I unfortunately didnt lose weight but the shakes are good.

If you are hungry in between, I would take that as a cue that these are not working for you. No offense but with Shakeology I am never hungry and I only have to drink 1 a day.

I haven't tried them, but I didn't want you to feel like people don't care... Maybe no one else as tried them???

Anyways, I read a study somewhere that said that in order for your mind to register that you are full, it needs you to chew your food... When you drink stuff, it tends to go through your body faster because it is already in liquid form. When you eat solids, they stick in your stomach for longer making you feel full for longer.

So if you are so ravenous like you say you are, I would suggest giving up the shakes and sticking to a food that is solids.. Veggies take a LONG time for your body to break down. Same with Lean protein, and Whole grain products....


I think you will find that you are fuller doing whole foods, because you are having to chew them. Maybe keep the shakes as something you can grab when you have absolutely NO time to prepare a lunch or breakfast?

I know of a few people who tried the shakes and were not impressed with the results.

I have been using them almost 90 days. Are you mixing them w/ water, milk or juice? I know in the beginning I was hungry. Now I make sure I have good quality snacks on hand. I also know when I use just water I do get hungry sooner.

I have tried them and really like them, but i only use them as snacks or for a breakfast if i'm in a hurry. I defintiely agree that i'm starving 30 minutes after having the shake.

If you are sure you want to stick with 2 a day, eat tons of veggies and drink loads of water to keep your stomach full. BUT, if you are feeling that hungry, maybe start with 1 shake for lunch so you get a good nutritious breakfast first thing in the morning, healthy snack, then the shake. Might make the transition to 2 shakes a day a little easier? I'm ceratainly not an expert tho, just my opinion

Good luck!

I'm drinking the shakes as well. I have only been drinking the shakes for a week and have only seen about 2lb in weight loss. I am having the same problem about hunger. On my third day I was extremely hungry. My suggestion is to drink lots of water, you can snack but watch what it is you are snacking on. I've been using granola bars to help curb the hunger.

Sometimes if you are not losing weight, you may not be taking in enough calories, especially if the shakes are only 90 calories each. You probably need to add veggies and fruit in between to increase your calories to a level where your body will respond.

nooooo....havent tried them but, i am doing Herbalife shakes and have lost 17lbs! If your replacement shake doesn't work, try Herbalife. I love love love it.

I drink one shake almost everyday as a snack mixed with fruit or different things just to up my protein intake but I don't follow the meal plan where you drink them for 2 meals a day. I just eat regular healthy meals and have a shake as a snack, putting 3 scoops in it sometimes too! Delish! One of the best protein shake mixes I have ever had.

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More