Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stadiums!!!!

Are you ready for some football!?!?!? These are stairs of the world famous Ben Hill Griffin Football Stadium home of the Florida Gators.  So lately my weight has been all over the place.  Up and down and around and around.  If its water I dont know.  Ive stayed inside my calorie boundaries but I am just not making head way to lower this weight the way I want to.  So a great friend of mine invited me to run the stadiums one night a week.  My first instinct was....NO! Ive done stadiums before...NO JOKE!

Though I didnt want to...I knew I needed something to break this cycle and move on to the next set of 10 pounds.  So Ive been at it for about three weeks....the cycle has not yet been broken completely but MAN IF I DONT FEEL THE IMPACT!  My quadriceps are sore...my glutes are in PAIN and my head spins.  Its a fairly simple task in theory, you start at one end of the stadium and run down a set of stairs and then run up the next set.  I try to get as far around as I can...my last time I think I did 75% of the stairs....Im working on going around one full time!  I even walked 75% up the actual stadium seats...that's when I saw the white spots.  My cue to STOP!  According to my favorite site (myfitnesspal.com), in 3o minutes you can burn around 823 calories (that info is for my weight and height)!!!! Thats amazing...

Wondering what it can do for you?

Looked up some benefits of running stadiums:
  1. It works your cardiovascular system
    • When you run up those stairs your heart leaps into the target zone in a short amount of time...its a great way to train you body to endure exercise.  Remember cardio = calorie burn = fat loss = NEW CLOTHES (at least for me)
  2. Gets Legs and Butt in Shape
    • Your legs are the biggest muscles in your body and when you build muscle you it will help your body burn fat more efficiently.  Plus muscle just makes everything look better.  Running up stairs also lifts and shapes your behind.  Most of us women want that.  Some of us are born with this gift but others need some help. Ive noticed that gaining weight has caused parts of my body to just get warped out of shape.  I want that old thing back!
  3. It increases hormones in your body that promote fat burn
    • Everyone who is working out wants to either prevent or lose fat and if we can get help from our good friend the Endocrine System then why not!  When you force your body to ramp up the heart rate it automatically sends signals to your brain to produce certain hormones so your body can use energy effectively.   These hormones will dig into your fat stores...this is what you want!
These are just a few benefits that stood out to me, I would encourage you to look up some for yourself.  Know what youre doing and how its helping you!  It encourages me to keep going, hope it does the same for you! I would love to hear from you about how your workouts are going.  What new things have you tried?  Whats working? Whats not?   Its good to switch things up so your muscle dont adapt and hit that dreaded plateau.

Till Next Time...
Running the calories off


0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More