Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Take A Look At Yourself

I need to eat a bowl of self esteem every morning.  Have you ever thought you had a great sense of self until you are confronted with a situation just to find out that you may not feel so good about you?  Maybe you thought you looked awesome until you saw what someone else had on or until the guy/girl you swooned over chose someone else...why is this?

How do we survive so long in life with this false sense of self esteem?  Its amazing to me, even the most elect can fall victim to such folly.  As a believer in the Word of God namely the bible...there is a principle called renewING your mind.  The "ing" suggests that this is a continual process.  Every area in our lives must be under constant introspection including self esteem.  When we do this we will know that we know where the basis of our self esteem lies. We sometimes use scriptures as cliches and that is dangerous.  I am fearfully and wonderfully made is not a phrase; its a DECLARATION!  If we are not careful, this can just become apart of our bowl of cliches and idle words that we throw around to sound good to a crowd.

So what does  the Lord say about ME [and you too :) ]:

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. Ps 139:13-14
You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.  S.S 4:7
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. I Peter 2:9
WOW! We are pretty awesome huh?  Dont you feel better? I do! A faulty self image can be a entry way for fear to sneak in the back doors of our mind.  Its subtle...but it will show up.  Why do you hesitate to get to know others?  Is it because you dont think you match up?  Are you afraid of the rejection you've played over and over in your mind? Tisk Tisk...  No worries, you are not alone.  What are you afraid of?  Are you not a child of the Most High? Not only are we his handy work but he has given us the ability to WIN!  We can face any giant....and watch them FALL!   You have what you say! FOR REAL! Fear is a giant we tend to ignore. Remember He has NOT given us a spirit of fear...but He did give us POWER and a SOUND MIND!

You may say, I see lots of flaws in me...well anything you see as an obstacle that is hindering you from being at your best is just another giant waiting to be killed!  So where are your stones David?  Get that sling and SWING! 

So you know what you have to do now right? Yeah you have to SPEAK to that very thing you are afraid of and command fear to leave!  It has no place in your life friends!  I know its not easy to open your mouth and decree it; but push yourself!  I am pulling for you!  Its amazing how fear can cripple us if we allow it to...you can be in a room all alone and you cant even speak the words just in case someone might hear.  WHO ARE YOU AFRAID OF!?!  The Lord is your light and your salvation...you dont have to fear anyone!  

Let this be your confession....

Lord, You are love and the love of my life and I will love myself like never before.  Your word says that I am altogether beautiful and there is no flaw in me. .  I know that you will protect my heart because Your word says (Ps 7:10) that You are my defense and will protect my heart in the time of trouble.  I will not be afraid of men and their faces for You are with me and will protect me (Jer 1:8).   I will rejoice in Your name because the joy of the Lord is my strength! NO MORE CONFUSION, NO MORE AGGRAVATION, NO MORE FEAR!  The enemy is under my feet, he is rebuked for my sake! Thank you Father for being true to Your word concerning me. I fear NO ONE and NOTHING! I set my heart to accomplish these things in Jesus name Amen!
Till Next Time....
Loving Me Some Me....

2 comments:

Great post... really good stuff.. get it Black Girl.

Leslie this post is completely amazing and dead on! I love that you included Jer1:8. Lol i just knew it was a secret script that God put there just for me but i guess its the the not-so-secret secret now. I will use your confession and remeber those script!

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More