Monday, January 23, 2012

HELP! Dr. Don Colbert is trying to KILL ME!



So I went to a Health and Healing Convention at a local church in Gainesville, FL featuring Dr. Don Colbert.  Dont know him? Well he's written several books on health and weight loss, he is a Christian and combines the word of God with medicine (look him up!).  He is a wealth of knowledge and has sold over 10 million books worldwide!  

Exciting stuff.  He talked specifically to me about cutting out wheat and sugar completely out of my diet.  Excuse me? So am I supposed to eat air sir?  Now this doesnt count the natural sources of sugar in fruits and veggies...THANK GOD!  I love fruit but this does cut out bread, pasta (not too big no pasta), flour, cereal, cookies and everything else delicatable. 

That is easier said than done.  I digress...

This man is a powerful person and he knows what he is talking about.  Having a science background through my education, I know the things he is saying is true.  He assured me that I can have them in the future but until my waistline is half my height in inches...I MUST LAY IT ON THE ALTAR! AHHHHHH!

I decided to ween myself off bread gradually.  I recently brought some sandwich rounds (before the conference)....I refuse to throw them away!  They are whole wheat and 100 calories.  I dont have cereal or pasta or flour in the house.  So I wont be buying it anytime soon.  So it sounds like it will be lean meat, fruit and veggies.  I dont drink regular milk...I am a believer in Almond Breeze!  I do like yogurt..and Im not giving it up! I will still make smoothies...because I only use fruit, almond milk and yogurt. 

So we will see...

I am going to start juicing for five days next week...Sunday-Thursday! I will repeat that each month...not necessarily the same week each month but just as long as its 5 days straight sometime during the month.

I have to be five pounds down by the 31st...7 days left...one pound in a week shouldnt be so hard if I stick to the plan! 

Till Next Time,
Walking Away From Wheat :(

1 comments:

LMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Girllllllllllll I laughed so hard when you said....EXCUSE ME? COULD JUST PICTURE YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS TOO FUNNY! LAY IT ON THE ALTAR! JESUS HELP! LOL!

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More