Thursday, January 12, 2012

RunKeeper: My Favorite Fitness App





I love RUNKEEPER!  I used to have a hard time tracking my mileage and speed when I walk.  Someone I know told me about this app when I purchased my bike.  This photo is an actual screenshot from my phone. 


I found out that it also tracks:

  • Running
  • Cycling
  • Walking
  • Hiking
  • Downhill Skiing
  • Cross Country Skiing
  • Snowboarding
  • Skating
  • Swimming (I DONT KNOW HOW)
  • Mountain Biking
  • Wheelchair
  • Elliptical
  • An other option as well
Alot I know.  It operates off the GPS on my android phone and gives me a speed and mileage update every five minutes (you can adjust the time of the updates).  I love that you can place it in the background so that you can listen to music and even talk on the phone if you like (which would be hard to do if you are truly working out).  

You can also keep track of your progress on the actual website runkeeper.com and friend other fitness buffs as well.  It also gives a more accurate calorie readout on the website from each workout because it bases it off of your weight and height as well. 

I think its a great app and its my favorite price FREE!

Its available in the android market and Im pretty sure apple has it too!

So what are you waiting for...I hate guessing how much Ive done...now I know and I can even save my routes and send them to others to try out!  How cool is that!!!


GET IT NOW!

Till Next Time...
Keeping It All In Stride :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More