Thursday, January 26, 2012

To lose weight I should sleep more?



So I hear sleep is good for weight loss...
Experts say getting 6-8 hours of sleep each night is essential to those of us that are trying to reduce in size.  Seems strange...why would sleeping and being completely sedentary help me lose weight?

Well I turned to my friend SCIENCE...because surely there is a reason for such a statement.  Turns out that its true and heres why:

There are two hormones that are very important to how we eat: LEPTIN and GHRELIN.  Leptin tells your brain when its time to STOP eating and Ghrelin stimulates hunger.  When you are sleep deprived...leptin goes DOWN and ghrelin goes UP.  What does that mean....it means you are more HUNGRY and your body doesnt have an efficient way of telling you when to STOP.  TERRIBLE!

I will be very honest...on nights that I have been out all night....I wake up STARVING and Ive always wondered why.  Well there is a reason right there!  Its not a false sense of hunger either my stomach is really growling and saying EAT SOMETHING NOW!  We all know that its not hard to ignore hunger pangs....

I also know on mornings after I get sufficient sleep...I literally have to force myself to eat breakfast because I know I need to eat in the morning.  I end up eating something sensible because I am not ravenous...crazy right?

Dont you just love science....there is an explanation for your questions you just have to be bold enough to find it...

Oh yeah if you havent noticed on the right panel...Ive lost seven pounds!  Three more pounds until my 1st reward...NEW EARRINGS!

Till Next Time,
Sleeping Soundly :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More