Monday, February 20, 2012

So I Am Too Old?

 So I am 31 now.  I don't feel old nor do I look old.  I still get mistaken for a student at work (I AM THE TEACHER!).  I am single and I have no children.  None of which I am ashamed of...which is probably why I am saying it on the internet.  It seemed like yesterday I was just 19 years old....but everyone else's opinion is I AM OLD!  Can you believe that?  How dare they?  It just warms my heart when people WHO KNOW HOW OLD I AM...say things like "I have to be married (or whatever the goal is) before I'm 30 because that is just too old to be trying to do said goal.  I just simply open my eyes real wide to prevent rolling and smile.  I usually say something to the effect of "yeah I add my faith with you....you will get the desires of your heart". Why?  Because it takes too much unnecessary energy to get mad about someone else's aspirations.  I know my path...to all things there is a season, this is not my season.  If it is for someone else....congrats!
The enemy would love to use people's promotions and blessings as a tool to make you feel less than.  I will not allow him to.  I have a relationship with God, who tells me exactly what I need to do to get what I want.  As long as I am working (or not working) on what He has instructed me to do...I know exactly where I am on my path.  After you have done all you can you just STAND!  I want to get married...I really do, but I want it to be with the right person in the right season.  I don't believe in settling so if I have to wait for the blessing I will do that instead of accepting the available. I want to be a mother...probably more than I want to be a wife at the moment (so out of order... I'm working on that.)  Yet, I want my children to have a stable life...with mommy and DADDY in the home...not just in the home...but married the way God intended it to be.  Not saying that families that are not that way are not good but if I have a chance to do it to the 100 fold measure...why not just do it that way.  I believe in the nursery rhyme, 1st comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage.  I'm just saying.


But am I too old?  I don't think I am.  I think I am right where I am supposed to be.  I am improving Leslie Dallas first before I introduce anyone else in the equation.  When God sees fit to add....He will present my tomorrow.  I know I will gladly accept.  I pray for that tomorrow everyday, I think about how it will look, smell and other things too! :)  But I cant let that blind me from today.  My decision today...will determine how quick my tomorrow comes and how it comes.  So until then....life is sweet just being in preparation.


Till Next Time,
Conquering Today & Dreaming of Tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Great post! I always try to keep in mind Ecclesiastes 3:11, "He has made everything beautiful in its timing."

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More