Monday, July 20, 2009

Frustration with flucuations.....standing on my faith project!

Older Post from Other Site....January 29, 2009

Hey Y'all....

I haven't blogged in a minute because I been doing the video logs lately which I plan to still do.... I know many of you were like what in the world is Leslie doing on youtube telling her business....lol! I know it may seem crazy but its so therapeutic for me to let it out...plus its fun to do the editing on windows movie maker. If you know Leslie you know that I to talk especially about myself
(being that I am so wonderful)! As far as my weight loss goes...I'm VERY (and I mean VERY) sensitive about it...and talking to some of y'all face-to-face puts me at risk of getting offended (even by a facial expression or me perceiving that you are not understanding my plight) so talking to my camera avoids all that until I am ready to talk to folks.

Now on to the subject at hand....
I have never and mean NEVER worked out like I have been doing this month in the 28 years I have blessed the planet Earth with my presence. I mean Ive been sweating so much that my carpet has been wet....now you know that is disgusting! The first week I lost a lot....but after that its been a struggle. My weight fluctuates all the time....one day I ate some trail mix (a lot of it....I must admit) and gained FOUR pounds....like I know that it takes a 3500 calorie excess to gain a pound so you mean to tell me I had a 14000 calorie excess....GIVE ME A BREAK! I barely eat over 1000 calories in a day....so what is the problem? I drink so much water that my pee is completely clear...not even a tint of yellow....

I must admit that I do see some things in the private arenas of my body changing slightly...and this is probably mainly from the weight training I been doing....but I need the fat to be off....I really could care less about muscle tone....I just know strong muscles=more fat burning otherwise I wouldn't lift one pound....
can you feel my frustration?

Well thank God for the changes...I don't want to be ungrateful because I appreciate any change. My pastor recently gave me an assignment to find a scripture and every time you find yourself getting frustrated you speak this scripture (namely a faith project)....this way you can begin to meditate on the word and rely on it when you are faced with difficulty instead of using my minor intellect (don't worry I know I'm still smarter than most of you....lol I'm playing....)

So I found two scriptures that Im standing when it comes to this weight loss thing because it consumes my whole life (it can apply to other things too)

Hebrews 12:11
All disicipline for the moment seems not to be joyous; but sorrowful, but those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness

Phillipians 1:6
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who begun a good work in you shall perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ

SO I'M STANDING AND SOLICITING PRAYER! Only pray for me if your prayers have some authority behind namely Jesus Christ....please DO NOT pray for me if you believe in something else...BYE!

PS- I am losing...just not as fast I would like....but in due time I will yield that peaceful fruit!! 74 lbs to go....JESUS THAT IS A LOT!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More