Monday, July 20, 2009

Smoothies.....BEWARE!!!


Older Post from other site....June 22, 2009

Hey Now!!!


I'm back again to talk about my favorite summer
treat....SMOOTHIES!!! Woooo!

Man on a hot summer day (especially living in Florida)
there is nothing more refreshing than a tall cold glass of water or the sweet delight of a good ole' fruit smoothie! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Calgon take me to the smoothie shop! NO! DON'T DO IT! Ive done some research on pre-made smoothies...NO BUENO KIDS! Though they claim its a "fruit" smoothie there are hidden belly bulgers hiding inside. Most pre-made smoothies are made from fruit purees (packed with additional sugars), SUGAR, ice-cream, high calorie juices and a bunch of other mess you dont need!! They are soo good though....I WANT ONE RIGHT NOW!!!

There is a solution to this....its
called MAKE IT YOURSELF! Ive been making smoothies for a few months now and I must say that mine are just as good and sometimes better than your local Smoothie King. Did you know that a smoothie from Smoothie King can have up to 11oo calories! ELEVEN HUNDRED CALORIES MAN!!! (Generally 350-500 calories in a 20 oz smoothie) Ridiculous!

Here's how I made a typical smoothie!

3-4 frozen strawberries
3-4 chunks frozen mango

3 tablespoons of low fat yogurt
4 oz 100% juice (whatever you like)


BLEND IT UP.....its about 165-200 calories per glass
(16-20 0z glass)!

Now the thing is smoothies are not really a beverage that you
drink on top of a meal. You will go over your calories if you do. This is my problem....I WANT LIKE 5 of them a day plus normal food....gotta get self control....I know Im working on it!!!

Hope this was helpful to someone!!! LOL!

Toodles!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More