Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Argh! Weight Loss Plateau

 Ahhhh!  You know how you know something is coming and you try to prepare yourself but when it happens its like DAG'ON!  Well yeah...that was me this morning when I realized that I was there....it had happened...it was upon me!  What? You may ask....a weight loss plateau!  Stuck here at 13 pounds lost...I tried to hold out till 20 pounds to switch it up...but I know now that it is time.  So instead of pouting and having an attitude, I came up with a master plan....

I knew that my calorie intake was cool...according to myfitnesspal.com I was on target.  As long as I am at home I eat just fine...I am still yet working on eating better out the house.  Until then, I will keep it in the house!  No fast food, junk food on a very very limited basis.   NO PROCESSED FOODS....Ive always hated them anyway!  I thank God that my mom didn't make that stuff! Veggies....check!  Protein....check! Carbs...in order!  Sugar....controlled!  Water Intake....cool!  Sodium...reduced!  I was definitely working out...burning at least 400 calories per day...more than what I needed to to lose weight.  So what is the problem?  The thing is your body has no idea that you want to lose weight...all it knows is maintenance!   So  after some time it programs itself to adjust itself to your new efforts via several complicated mechanisms.  Hence the weight plateau.    Now what we have to do is TRICK your body to adjust again!  Here's my plan....I cant do much about eating....I HAVE TO EAT!  I think about depriving but I know already where that leads....

So I'm switching up the workouts....Wii Fit has served its purpose and will now be a supplement and just plain fun activity.   My new main look will be "The Biggest Loser Cardio Max & Power Sculpt"  (shown left).  This will jump start my body with something different which requires a new level of intensity!  I'm not gonna front....I was dreading this on the low...its gonna HURT! 
As a matter of fact anything with Jillian Micheals is involved will be tough!  

This will hopefully take my losses to another level and I will be able to slide back down the scale.  I'm currently making a video compilation of my weight loss journey and I haven't recorded in a few days....I'm ready to add more clips...and I will very soon....

Remember your plateaus are not the end of your life.   Weight loss is a trial of patience many ups and downs and stand stills.   Part of the battle is overcoming these hurdles and find a source of your strength to go on.  The bible says that the children of God are more than conquerors....so that means I cant lose!  The same can be for you.....(I can help you with that too...just ask).  

Till Next Time

Somewhere sweating with Jillian :)

4 comments:

I usually combine 30 day shred with level one and two cardio on the Cardio Max dvd. Sometimes when I am feeling strong, I will throw the last 10 minutes (level 3) on there too. I have not tried the Power Sculpt, but I think the shred is sufficient for me in that area! It kicks my butt!! Another great cardio workout from Bob is "Bob Harper Inside Out Method" WOW that is a GREAT workout....like crazy 500+ calories burned.

Good Luck!!

Thanks so much!

I have the shred too...Im saving that the next round...power sculpt is cardio on the low...I havent done it in a long time....so I know I will be sore!

It is a very informative and useful post.Thanks

Let me preface this by saying I have lost and maintained a nearly 40lb weight loss through eating and working out. I've completed a half marathon, run 20 miles weekly and have done numerous workout DVD's...including the original Biggest Loser DVD and even Jillian's separate workout DVD's. I don't say this to toot my own horn, but to give you a gauge as to how someone who's in good shape views this DVD.

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More