Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Delicious....Lettuce Wraps

One misconception about losing weight is that we should STOP eating.   All the experts have noted that starvation leads to a slower metabolism....therefore destroying your efforts.  According to myfitnesspal.com (my new favorite website) I should eat at least 1200-1300 calories per day; based on  the weight and weight loss goal I entered into the system; check it out for your own needs. Now if you are anything like me....this is not an easy task.  I have a tendency not to eat...then binge like a ravenous wolf a few days later.  :/

I love food...food that tastes good and I never wanna feel like a depriving myself of delicious food.  That makes me upset :(  & then I quit...

So I have been investing in preparing filling meals that are tasty and wont mess up my calorie goals.  If you have ever been to P.F Changs they serve this appetizer called lettuce wraps...a small piece of amazing.  Ive decided to share my own rendition of this treat....they dont taste the same....I personally like mine just as much! Hope you enjoy  (there are plenty of recipes online if you want something different)

A Teacher's Lettuce Wraps
1 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup of Baby Portebella Mushrooms
1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
1/4 Cup Chopped Celery 
2-4 Tbsp Ken's Honey Teriyaki Marinade

3-4 Leaves of Iceberg Lettuce

Chunked Pineapple [the kind in juice NOT syrup] (optional)
Spinach and Artichoke Hummus by Sabra (optional) 

Chop chicken breast into small chunks and season to taste [I like Sazon complete seasoning, red pepper flakes, black pepper, dry mustard, a of dash seasoned salt; watch the sodium :)] and add 2tbsp of the marinade and mix well.  Ensure all chicken is coated with seasoning.

Stir Fry or saute chicken breast in a skillet with a small amount of oil (olive oil preferred) 

When chicken is almost done (no more pink visible) add your veggies and continue to saute until chicken is completely done at this time you can add the rest of the marinade.  Remove from heat and let cool...

Take lettuce spread a little hummus and top with chicken, garnish with pineapple and wrap it up

This recipe will make about 4 wraps depending on how you stuff your wraps...

Enjoy :)

Calories: ~400

It fills me up every time!!!! 

Till Next Time

Slimming down one delicious bite at a time...

2 comments:

Thanks for the recipe :-) It sounds real good.

No problem. I am here to encourage and stay encouraged myself...happy losing! :)

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More