Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Life of a Vegetarian

So....
For the last five days I have been a vegetarian maybe even a vegan because I haven't eaten any dairy products. Anytime I would think about people who live that life...I would think it was virtually IMPOSSIBLE! To my surprise it has not been so bad. With creativity you can have some delicious meals that are filling. I think I am lacking in protein majorly though. Nonetheless its been cool....I am going to continue this until the 21st of this month. I wont say its a lifestyle for me (because I have this love affair with chicken) but I will say that it is something to add to my repertoire of meals. To think you can have a full day without meat and survive happily with enough energy to survive workouts as well. Some of my fellow carnivores cant even fathom this. Its not that bad trust me.....

Also it has helped boost my weight loss! I am now currently 11.2 lbs down! How exciting? So I have a resource to go to when I reach those plateaus... I mean Daniel in the bible did the same thing for 21 days and gained such insight...there may be something to this 21 day vegetarian lifestyle...hmmm? He even looked better! I encourage you all to try it....you never know how it may benefit your lifestyle!

Here's a good recipe for a smoothie:

Banana Strawberry Apple Almond Smoothie [Need a shorter name :)]

1 Medium Banana
1 cup of Strawberry Apple Sauce
1 cup of Vanilla Almond Milk (unsweetened)

Blend well in a blender....and ENJOY! (Add Ice if you would like...I personally dont)

IT'S DELICIOUS!

Till Next Time....

2 comments:

I love this bloG! Keep it up!

Honey the new blog looks amazing! As always, insightful and humorous; the way my Dallas should be! :) Congrats on the loss poundage! Get that dance game girl because it is no joke--you should have seen my grandma on that thing! Good times!

--Victoria

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More