Thursday, March 31, 2011

Late Night Hunger Pangs...

Do you have late night hunger pangs?  I have noticed its been a real problem for me....

How do you handle it?
One thing that has helped me are smoothies with a special ingredient....OATMEAL!

I know I know....its too late to eat and that is a CARB!  Everything about it says NO....but it satisfies the beast that is hungry inside me. I cannot sleep when my stomach is completely empty.   Here's how I make my midnight smoothie:
1 cup of UNSWEETENED almond milk
1/2 cup of Quaker Oats
1 Frozen Banana
1/2 cup of frozen fruit of your choice (I like strawberries and mangoes)  

Blend it up.....and ENJOY! (about 300 calories)

So far it hasn't affected my efforts....I dont do this every night only when I'm starving late at night.....plus it helps me get some extra fiber (I need it!)

Its better than eating a Whopper like my body is telling me....


Any thoughts?

3 comments:

100 Cal popcorn...the best use of 100 calories i have found!

1/2 cup of Cottage cheese. It is slow to digest and loaded with Cassein Protein. I don't like the taste, so I load it with Tabasco Sauce.

[Comment left at myfitnesspal.com]

20 red seedless Grapes!..always works for me..only 60 calories,3 in each Grape

[Comment left at myfitnesspal.com]

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More