Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Miracles Still Happen/Reboot Your Life Day 2

Have you ever felt hopeless?  Im sure we have all felt that way once in our lives.  At work, me and my students had the awesome opportunity to raise a monarch butterfly from its chrysalis (or cocoon) until it emerged (which was TODAY 10/5/2011)!  It was a beautiful experience.  Just to sit here in my classroom and see that this creature has COMPLETELY transformed into a brand new one in the matter of days.  That is a miracle!  Literally, it eats different, it looks different, it travels different! It brings new meaning to ALL THINGS HAVE BECOME NEW!  Now it is about to embark on this new journey and be introduced to a whole new world! 





Isnt that how its supposed to be with Christ?  I mean when we encounter the living God...the bible says WE ARE NEW CREATURES!  We should look and act different, right? Now we should understand our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost so we should eat different and watch what we put in our bodies, right?  Are you the holy nation and peculiar people going to let an insect out do you?  I say not me!  God can speak to us through ANYTHING and today He spoke to me through a DOGGONE insect!  How cool is that?! 

My Pastor had an awesome word about it being "our time" to do all the things that we are dreaming about.  What has happened to your goals and dreams?  Have you let them fall to the wayside once again?  Dont let that stop you!  Remember you are just like that catepillar and you are a NEW CREATURE (if you are in Christ that is).  Old things have past away, youve been upgraded to conqueror!  There is NOTHING you cant do!  So pick up the pieces and live at the standard you were created to live!

Today is my second day on the Reboot Your Life program (www.jointhereboot.com).  Its not easy, but change is never easy.  For more details on what this is and how I started this go here. The great thing about change is that is never as bad as it appears.  Today do you know what I had for breakfast, I placed these ingredients in a blender and drunk the juice after strained out the pulp (the poor man's juicer method):


1 Golden Delicious Apple
2 cups of Spinach
2 stalks of celery
2 strawberries
1 cup of baby carrots
1/4  peach
1 cup of almond milk
Sounds gross?  Yet its actually wasnt.  Amazing right?  Now it looks like nuclear waste....but yet it was refreshing.  Thank God for change....13 more days to go in round 1.  I am on my way to looking different...why because Im a new creature and so are you! 


Till Next Time
Making the Necessary Changes :)

3 comments:

Yay u like a modern day miss frizzle! You are awesome

I know what u did last summer!
There is a balm in gilead

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More