Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Reboot Your Life: Day 1

So I took the plunge this morning!  Yes I JUICED! I dont own a juicer but I found this awesome video called Poor Man's Juicer and it showed you how to use a blender and a strainer to make substitute a juicer.  It actually works!  So I loaded up my blender with a green apple, bunch of spinach, strawberries, peaches and almond milk into my blender and liquified!  It looked like nuclear waste!  I was sooo hesitant to taste it...

After straining the pulp...I drank the 10 oz (it shouldve been 16...I need to adjust my contents) and to my surprise it wasnt that bad.  Now dont get my wrong...pancakes and eggs wouldve been SO MUCH BETTER! But I didnt gag and pass out from it being unpalatable.  The way the recipes work are simple its called the RAINBOW METHOD.  So we should eat a "rainbow" each day.  Each fruit and vegetable gets its color based on specific benefits it provides the body.  Here are some examples!

Red

tomato, watermelon, red pepper, beets, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, grapefruit, pomegranate, apple, guava, red onion, Japanese persimmon

Orange/Yellow

orange, sweet potato, mango, winter squash, papaya, carrots, orange peppers, tangerine/Clementine, nectarine, peach, apricot, Asian pear, Japanese squash

Dark Green

spinach, kale, swish chard, mustard or collard greens, avocado, asparagus, artichoke, bok choy, green cabbage, Chinese cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, green pepper, watercress, kiwi, apples, avocado, cilantro, basil, parsley, mint

Blue/Purple

blueberries, eggplant, concord grapes, purple cabbage, blackberries, plums

White

garlic, cauliflower, onions, ginger, Japanese radishes/Daikon, burdock root, Shiitake, Maiitake mushrooms, Jicama


So strawberry represented red, peaches (orange/yellow), apple (drk green; it was a green apple), and spinach (drk green).  I plan on having some mushrooms among other things so that will take care of my white.  Only thing I am missing blue/purple which I will find somewhere. 

Great thing about the reboot website is that they give you the option to eat sometimes....it can only be fruit and veggies but at least I will get the sensation of chewing.  The goal is to juice for at least 5 days straight so I plan to do that the middle 5 days.  14 more days to go in round 1.  I am not currently hungry....I did eat a red apple and drank some herbal tea.  Pray blessings on my journey!  I plan on drinking 90-120 oz of water per day!

What makes the juice so awesome/beneficial is that it causes your body to release a different set of chemicals to digest the food because no chewing was involved.  Your body gets an instant rush of micronutrients, which are essential in fighting disease.  Smoothies still have pulp so your body treats it the same...

Till Next Time
Cleaning Up My System :)

3 comments:

I just saw a show on BBC about the colors of fruits and vegetables and their benefits. So interesting!! Keep up the good work on the juicing!!

Thanks!
Yeah you should definitely watch the documentary this is based from called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" its on Netflix if you use that service! Very informative and inspirational! Thanks for commenting!

I'll keep you posted so stay tuned!

Looks nasty why would u drink tht

Written from BFF profile

Post a Comment

It really means a lot to know what people think about my entries...thanks so much for reading and even more for commenting :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More